NEWS & EVENTS
David Kamien, CEO of Mind-Alliance Systems, and co-author Prof. Tope Omitola, from the University of Southhampton and an advisor to Mind-Alliance, will present their paper on “MindCollect: An Information Needs Management System for Coalition Situational Awareness, Sensemaking, Decision Making, and Mission Integration” at the KSCO/ICCRTS 2016 conference from Sept 6-8 in London, UK.
David Kamien, CEO of Mind-Alliance Systems, will deliver a keynote address on the Digital Transformation of Emergency Management on June 1, 2016 at the MEMA Homeland Security and Emergency Management Symposium in Ocean City, MD. His talk will survey the myriad new technologies that are available to emergency management communities, discuss related challenges and opportunities, and provide a strategic framework for the successful digital transformation of your emergency management program. If you’d like to participate in a survey on digital technologies in emergency management that will inform the talk, please go here. See you at the Symposium!
Mind-Alliance recently conducted a 3-day process-mapping workshop for the Vermont Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. The workshop included participants from the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC), State Support Functions, and local municipalities. Participants learned how to identify SEOC processes and tasks, and use Mind-Alliance’s new Collector software – a simple Q&A information gathering tool – to define the information flows and dependencies between those tasks. 96% of participants achieved the learning objectives and many stated that the workshop brought enhanced clarity and a common understanding of the collaboration needed to respond to a crisis.
- Mind-Alliance Systems, LLC, in partnership with SparkBeyond, completed a successful predictive analytics project for the World Bank’s Controller’s Vice Presidency in June 2014. By fusing World Bank data with its World Knowledge Graph — containing billions of facts sourced from thousands of external, non-traditional sources including Wikipedia, OpenStreetMap, and the UN — SparkBeyond built a production-grade model that successfully predicted World Bank project attributes, and did so significantly faster than traditional methods.
Mind-Alliance is happy to announce that NATO Allied Command Transformation (ACT) has extended our contract to continue to support their information sharing and collaboration needs with our Channels software and technical support.
- Mind-Alliance Systems, LLC, the pioneer of information sharing and collaboration planning software, today announces that effective from the 27th of May 2014, it has been granted a US patent (No. 8738325) for the method and system for analyzing information transfer that underpins its Channels product.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2013
- NATO Allied Command Transformation (ACT) has chosen Mind-Alliance’s Channels software to support the NATO “Information Sharing Planning Experiment.” Channels will be used to improve the reliability and speed of NATO’s DCIS (Deployable Communication and Information Systems) by producing procedures and CONOPS with robust information sharing and communications protocols.
- Mind-Alliance is sponsoring and exhibiting the 2013 Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency conference “Building a Safer Tomorrow,” May 28-29, in Worcester.
- David Kamien, CEO of Mind-Alliance will present at the 10th NATO Network Enabled Capability (NNEC) Conference, in Lisbon, Portugal from 23 – 25 April 2013. Mind-Alliance Systems is presenting its Channels Information Sharing Management software, which enables military and non-military stakeholders to create, analyze, improve and deploy the information sharing protocols needed to achieve mission success in complex and dynamic environments.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2012
- The 2nd edition of The McGraw-Hill Homeland Security Handbook is available for pre-order on Amazon.com. This important resource features 50 chapters by leading homeland security professionals, a foreword by former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and in-depth discussion of information sharing planning planning by Mind-Alliance CEO David Kamien and CTO Jean-Francois Cloutier.
- David Kamien, CEO & Co-Founder of Mind-Alliance Systems, will be presenting the CHANNELS Information Sharing Planning and Management solution at the 2012 NATO Network Enabled Capability Conference on 27–29 March 2012 sponsored by NATO Supreme Allied Command Transformation. The 2012 NNEC Conference theme will focus on challenges related to NNEC as a basis for future mission networks. Other conference speakers include senior officers from NATO and alliance nations, and major technology companies.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2011
- Mind-Alliance presented the CHANNELS Information Sharing Planning solution at the 2nd Workshop on Multinational Cooperation in Civil Military Interoperability Workshop organized by the NATO Consultation, Command and Control Agency (NC3A) held on 21-22 November 2011 at the National Defence Academy in Sofia (Bulgaria). The workshop brought together a range of organizations dealing with Disaster Relief/Crisis Management/Humanitarian Operations in Other-Than-War (OTW) scenarios and was prepared in coordination with NATO OPS/Planning, ACT, and the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria. Mind-Alliance, Google, and IBM were the only companies endorsed by the U.S. government and invited by NC3A to present.
- Mind-Alliance Systems joins UN Disaster Risk Reduction Private Sector Partnership – Mind-Alliance, the leader of Information Sharing Management software for homeland security, emergency preparedness, and business continuity professionals, today announced that it has joined the United Nations Disaster Risk Reduction Private Sector Partnership to support work aimed at enhancing national and local resilience to disaster.
- Mind-Alliance will be presenting a paper at the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security.
- Mind-Alliance will be participating in the Venture Association NJ Fall Entrepreneurs Expo & Elevator Pitch Olympics on November 14th.
- Mind-Alliance participated in Pitch Live, a part of the Global Security Challenge global finals on October 24 & 25 at the Business Design Centre in London, UK.
- Mind-Alliance attended the Security & Defense Agenda roundtable on The Need to Know: European Information-Sharing on September 22nd.
- Mind-Alliance was a East Coast Finalist in the SME category in the 2011 Global Security Challenge at The Embassy of Australia, Washington DC.
- FireRescue Magazine publishes article about the Philadelphia Fire Department using Mind-Alliance Channels software to develop Information Sharing Plans.
- Mind-Alliance Systems presented its capabilities at the National Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) conference in San Francisco June 20-23.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2010
- Mind-Alliance Directs NATO Workshop in Brussels – 10 Countries learn how to build Inter-Agency Information Sharing Plans for Homeland Security.
- Mind-Alliance to author ISP Book – CRC Press to publish professional textbook on Information Sharing Planning in 2012
- Philadelphia Area to Enhance Preparedness and Security with Mind-Alliance Information Sharing Planning Software – The CHANNELS planning tool streamlines the process of developing information sharing procedures, which will help the Philadelphia area coordinate operations in a crisis.
- David Kamien, CEO, Mind-Alliance Systems, to speak at the National Defense University Intel Conference in Washington D.C. on March 3-4
- HSToday publishes article by David Kamien, CEO Mind-Alliance Systems about Homeland Security Best Practices
- Mind-Alliance participates in EWI WSC7 – On February 17, 2010 David Kamien, CEO & founder of Mind-Alliance Systems will chair panel on ” IED Terror Attack on the Rail System: Building Information Sharing Plans for Prevention and Response” as part of the East West Institute’s 7th Annual “Worldwide Security” Conference.
- David Kamien, CEO Mind-Alliance Systems to chair session at the East West Institute Worldwide Security Conference in Brussels.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2009
Mind-Alliance PS-Prep Standards – Recommendations – Mind-Alliance Systems, LLC has submitted a set of recommendations regarding Private Sector Emergency Preparedness (PS-Prep) Standards to the The US Dept. Of Homeland Security.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2008
Mind-Alliance Selected as Collaboration Solution Provider for CSIS TIN-2 Project – CSIS Transnational Threat Program to Use Mind-Alliance Solution to Support Analysis of Terrorism and Crime in Southeast Asia.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2007
ODNI Open Source Intelligence – Mind-Alliance founder David Kamien will address the first annual Director of National Intelligence’s Open Source Conference on July 16-17, 2007 from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m.
Network Centric Homeland Security – Mind-Alliance will be giving a workshop on Information Sharing Needs Analysis at the upcoming Network Centric Homeland Security, June 26 – 28, 2007* Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center* Washington, DC.
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2006
ISNA Pilot – US Dept. of Homeland Secuirty Science and Technology Directorate engages Mind-Alliance Systems to pilot its Info Sharing Planning methodology in New Jersey.
October 2006 Lecture at the Cebrowski Institute for Network Centric Warfare at the Naval Post Graduate School
NEWS & EVENTS IN 2005
October 2005, Mind-Alliance awarded a contract to work with the Department of Homeland Security on piloting the ISNA Method in New Jersey with four state & local agencies.
September 2005 Presentation to the Markle Foundation Task Force on National Security